Since 1825, an initial stone turret was errected on a plateau called Turk bank. In 1865, a new tower with granite base received a fixed red light.
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Customer ratings and reviews
| Nobody has posted a review yet|
in this language
|Rate / write a comment|
Collection: phares des Pays de Loire
La Banche lighthouse
Made of: Resin
Size: 13.5 x 8.0 x 7.5 cm
- Locality : La Baule, Loire-Atlantique
- Construction : 1865
- Height : 26.5 m
- Elevation : 30 m
- Range : 15 nm
Since 1825, an initial stone tower was errected on the plateau named Turk Bank. In 1865, a new tower with a granite base was built witha red fixed light. In 1893, it was painted with black and white stripes to differentiate it from the 'Four' and Grand-Charpentier lighthouses. In 1896, it was equipped with a light flashing 3 times every 18 seconds (with white and red glazing). In 1907, a siren was installed ; It was decomissioned in 1986. In 1930, it was given a new light system with grouped (2+1) every 15 seconds with white and red filters.
In 1935, after the light caught fire, the system was replaced.
In 1945, the light was relit following a lense refit in 1944. A wind generator was installed that year.
Electrified and automated in 1986, the current lighthouse is the last one to be inhabited in the Loire-Atlantique.
It's a smooth finsihed stone faced tronconic tower construction. It was completed with moldings supporting a stone block balustrade.
The light in the 1935 version of la Banche lighthouse could be seen by the chief at the Nantes harbour authorities office.
Source: Phares et balises