Cap de la Hague Lighthouse
Hague Lighthouse, or the Goury light, rises 800 meters above the bay of Cap Hague (Manche), on a rock called « the giant of Raz ».
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Customer ratings and reviews
| Nobody has posted a review yet|
in this language
|Rate / write a comment|
Collection:Lighthouses of Lower Normandy
Lighthouse - Cape Hague
Made of: Resin
Size: 13.5 x 8.0 x 8.0 cm
- Locality : Auderville, Manche
- Construction : 1834 to 1837
- Height : 51 m
- Elevation : 52 m
- Reach : 19 nautical miles
Cape de la Hague lighthouse, or the Goury light, rises 800 above the bay of Cape de la Hague (Manche), on a rock called « the giant of Raz ».
It marks the « Raz Blanchard », one of Europe's strongest currents, and the passage between Cape de la Hague and l’île d’Aurigny.
After the« Raz Blanchard » claimed multiple ships wrecked here, it was decided to erect a lighthouse off Auderville and the port of Goury.
Construction began in 1834 for 3 years to the design of Morice de La Rue. First in service in 1837, it switched to electricity in1971 and automation in 1989, the last keepers left in may 1990.